Call me a hypocrite if you will,
I do not deny your criticism.
I make mistakes here and there,
and don't do as much as I could.
But goddamn it, at least I try,
and before you go and criticize my ass
consider the fact that, up till now,
i have not criticized yours!
I sit at the computer more than I should,
but at least I am not glued to the television,
gobbling up what the media throws in my mouth,
and listening blindly to the idiocy on FOX.
My marches and calls may not accomplish as much
as activists like Mortenson or Mandela,
but damn it it is hard to do more
when you won't even let me help!
At least I try to save the environment
At least I try to have compassion
At least I try to be open-minded
I'd rather be a hypocrite of those values
than a walker of yours!
Because the talk that you walk is
a talk of greed and materialism!
It is a talk of uncaring and ignorance!
It is the talk that is the preachers' speech,
but that jesus never preached.
No comments:
Post a Comment